Monday, March 31, 2008

ARG!

Yeah, so, canvas. Canvas would seem to be good stuff... nice and sturdy. Its care tag says "Dry Clean Only" but I always figure thats more of a guideline than a rule... surely nothing bad will happen if I toss it in the wash, right? I mean, I did pink it first, to keep it from fraying...

Yeah...

Canvas apparently frays like the nerves of a mom with 1 hours sleep and two-year-old twins... even when pinked. I lost 4 inches off the total width I bought due to fraying, which I hadn't counted on. On the plus side, at least the fabric has a really nice hand now... I'll just have to buy more (which, of course, is not in the budget =P) and wash it again, taking into account how much I might lose.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Sure hope you'll be able to contact someone about the kit you're sending! Ravenclaw could really use the 100% participation!